The Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology (CREST) is an interdisciplinary research and academic centre of Stellenbosch University. CREST was established on the 1st of January 1995 and is housed in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
CREST conducts research on -
- The nature of science and technology with specific focus on science policy issues in South Africa and on the African continent;
- The nature and state of knowledge production in the higher education sector in South Africa and selected African universities;
- The methodology and sociology of science;
- The nature of monitoring and evaluation studies.
[For more detail Go To Research Page]
CREST offers post-graduate programmes in two areas:
- Science and Technology Studies
- Monitoring and Evaluation Studies
[For more detail Go To Postgraduate Page]
Underpinning the research and academic work of CREST is an extensive set of knowledge resources, including a dedicated database (SA Knowledgebase), on South African and African science. In addition, CREST has a dedicated Documentation Centre of information resources that support its research and teaching portfolios.
[For more detail Go To Knowledge Resources Page]
CREST has over the years produced a large number of research reports, papers and power point presentations that are freely available on this website.
[For more detail Go To Publications Page]